The March 2020 release marks the biggest upgrade to our iOS app with a suite of new features being introduced to benefit you.
The features can be categorised into the following sections:
- A new viewer for PDF & images
- Introducing PDF and image annotations
- Introducing conversation tag management
- Ability to Mute / Unmute notifications at a conversation level
- Powerful search
- UI enhancements
1. A new viewer for PDF & images
The new viewer that has been introduced provides you with a range of functionalities:
- Search for text within PDF documents
Use the search icon to type your search term and the system will provide you with the search results with your search term highlighted. When you chose a particular result, you will be navigated to that section of the page
- Thumb nail view of pages
You can use the tiles icon to view all your document pages and navigate directly to a page in the document
2. Annotations of PDFs and imagesThe ability to annotate is a major enhancement to our iOS app and there are a few new concepts that we would like to outline first:
- Your annotations on a document are PRIVATE to you
- My Annotations
- Annotated Files
A folder named “Annotated Files” will be the default location when you save an annotated document. This is a system folder that cannot be manipulated by the users. However, you may choose to save the annotated file under any other folder in My Drive.
- Moving annotated files back to a conversation
If you would like to share your annotated file back into the conversation, you can use the menu item “Copy to Conversation” from the menu next to each document (three dots).
- How to Annotate?
You can enable annotations of PDFs and images by clicking the “pen” icon. While this is a PRO feature, you can trial it free, for a month.
Once you enable the Annotations feature, either by enabling the trial or by upgrading to PRO you can access the annotations menu bar. This menu gives you the ability to access a variety of tools to annotate the document.
3. Introducing conversation tag management
We introduced the ability to tag conversations in Oct 2019. Today we are introducing it on the iOS app.
- What are tags?
Tags are a convenient way to group your conversations. Some examples of tags are: Sales, Accounting, Project ABCD, GOLD clients. As you tag multiple conversations with the same tag, they appear grouped in the “BY TAG” view. You can add multiple tags to a conversation. The tags that you create are visible only to you. This is your way of organising your conversations.
- How to add tags to a conversation?
You can add tags to a conversation using the “Manage Tags” option, which is available in the menu next to the conversation title in the conversation detail screen.
In this screen, you can add tag(s) to a conversation and also de-link a tag from the conversation. Note: By removing a tag from a conversation does not delete the tag. You can delete a tag in the web version of the application.
4. Ability to Mute / Unmute notifications at a conversation level
We understand that you may be part of some conversations as a passive observer and would prefer not to receive the notifications for these conversations. You can now manage the notifications for each conversation from your iOS app. You can access this feature from the menu next to the conversation title in the conversation detail screen
5. Powerful search
You can now search conversations by:
- Participants – In the search bar, enter @ to get a list of all participants. As you start typing the email id of the participant, the search is fine tuned. Once you choose an email id, the system will provide a list of all conversations where this user is or was a participant
- Tags – In the search bar, enter # to get a list of all tags that you have created. As you start typing the tag name, the search is fine tuned. Once you choose the tag, the system will provide you with a list of all conversations that match this tag
- Free text – You can search the conversation list by the title of the conversation using free text
- Combination – You can use a combination of any of the above three filters with multiple participants and/or tags in the search criteria
6. UI enhancements
In addition to the above changes, you will notice a range of UI enhancements that will enhance your experience.
- You can create a new conversation using the circular “+” button on the bottom right hand corner of the screen
- When you create a conversation or add a new participant, Bondle will now show you a list of all the participants you have current interactions with. This eliminates the need to type out the email addresses all over again
- On the home screen, you can filter the conversations to show:
- Active only
- Closed only
- Both Active and closed
- This can be set using the controls on the top right-hand corner of the screen
- My Tasks and My Drive functionalities have been moved to the left-hand navigation menu
- You can now copy files or folders between Conversation Documents < -> My Drive